Saturday, October 15, 2005

so frigging true!

The Eternal Tree ~ Tove Ditlevsen

There are two men in the world, who
Are crossing my path I see,
And one is the man I love,
The other is in love with me.

And one exists in the nightly dreams
Of my sombre soul evermore,
The other stands at the door of my heart
But I will not open the door.

And once one gave me a vernal breath
Of happiness squandered - alack!
The other gave me his whole, long life
And got never an hour back.

And one lives hot in the song of my blood
Where love is pure, unbound -
The other is one with the humdrum day
Where all our dreams are drowned.

Between these two every woman stands,
In love, beloved, and white -
And once every hundred years it happens
That both in one unite.

3 Comments:

At 2:09 AM, Blogger Big Bad Boy said...

Continuation...........

And one who update her blog daily,
The Other who read such things daily.

And its we guys who get a crush on a girl who is sooo silly....

So what do you think of those pharses...

$$$ I like your Poem and all the comic things you write, Cool !

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Jax said...

Nice poem Su!!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger L*J said...

hmmmmm... I am speechless and deep in your thoughts!
:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home