Friday, September 02, 2005

Lets talk about... cribbing

I did not want to go with them.
Alas, I had no choice.
This was made quite clear to me
In threat'ning tones of voice.

I protested mightily
And scrambled 'cross the floor.
But though I grabbed the furniture,
They dragged me out the door.

In the car, I screamed and moaned.
I cried my red eyes dry.
The window down, I yelled for help
To people we passed by.

Mom and Dad can make the rules
And certain things forbid,
But I can make them wish that they
Had never had a kid.


Calvin sure has said what I feel, what you feel, heck what everyone feels!

Human's inherently like to crib and there's no two ways on that! From the moment we learn to talk, we cry, we whine, we crib, we complain ... what we have being not good enough and what we don't have... well I don't need to explain that, do I?!

Why do we crib? Is there a need? Why can't we just be happy with what we've got?

Recently, at this place I frequent, this one pal of mine, lets call her J, she said, "You know Nea, I think poor parents should not have kids as the kids, when thye're growing up, see their rich friends and feel sad on the things they don't have." For that I replied, "I think there could be a possibility of selfishness in the parents part as well, where they would want to beget kids in hope of the kids giving them the better life."

Naah! Refelecting back I think itjust isn't a valid point, or is it?

Well I'll let the kids and parents reflect on that on their own, without thrusting my views...

But, seriously, what is the point? Why do we need to crib?

PS - Sorry for my cribbing on cribbing in this post :)

3 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Jax said...

Nice poem!! Were your parents dragging you to a wedding again?? ;)

Why we need to crib?
Cribbing is therapeutic. Thats why!

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Arvind said...

nice blog! your verses are good!

 
At 2:39 AM, Blogger Jammy said...

Why we crib?
According to Jammy's 3rd law of cribbing, "Every specimen of the species of homosapiens will, at any moment of time, have an inclination to have or not have some material or phychological entity that it is devoid of, or is forced upon it"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home