Monday, November 14, 2005

Some schizoid rambling...

A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university lecturer. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life.

Offering his guests coffee, the lecturer went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups: porcelain, plastic, glass, some plain-looking and some expensive and exquisite, telling them to help themselves to hot coffee.

When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the lecturer said: "If you noticed, all the nice-looking, expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is but normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress. What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the better cups and are eyeing each other's cups."

"Now, if Life is coffee, then the jobs, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain Life, but the quality of Life doesn't change."

"Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."

Interesting, nothing new, cliche, simple, eye-opener, so true!, idealistic, irrational, i know!, but still!, if only!, bullshit...

This is me reflecting on this forward I got, which is nothing new, but still worth a second read, a little reflection and then some airy dismissal LOL!

I dont know if age has taught me complacency or is this natural... but I think it is but natural and hell! I aint no Mahatma Gandhi or Karl Marx, let alone a Gautam Buddha or Jesus Christ...

I am just a normal human being, who lives thinking grass is greener on the other side...
But then, that is not ALL of me, I do think this can be achieved, as I do appreciate (if not adore their lives) the men I wrote about above...

So what am I trying to say here, I have no clue... I ramble on, just like that, irrationally yet rationally, thoughtfully yet in haste, but I guess the effort wasn't a waste...

Hell this IS the phjilosophy of today, of the popular culture worshipping yuppie, for whom Bill Watterson and Calvin along with Don Corleone and Tyler Durden are the Gods, the philosophers, the saints and the prophets!

Well if you are still reading on, I guess you also do identify with me at some point if not more! Swell! So here's cheers to that...

Oh, wait, let me go fill my signature Channel [W] metallic thermos cum mug with some coffee and come...

5 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Blogger L*J said...

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.
:0

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Akshay said...

Were you trying to convey something by any chance? :P

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i do identify with u sunu. new to blogging.found ur blog by chance.nice to read.

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Jax said...

Isn't it a piss off if someone is pouring coffee in my beer mug!!!? :D

 
At 1:45 AM, Blogger Jammy said...

"thoughtfully yet in haste,
but I guess the effort wasn't a waste"
...nice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home